সোমবার, ২০ মে, ২০১৩

recap: cleveland marathon health and fitness expo - The Year of the ...

Obviously I know y'all are wanting to hear how my 10K went on Sunday! And you will, I promise. Just not today. Because before I can tell you about my first day participating in a Cleveland Marathon event, I have to tell you about the Cleveland Marathon Expo!

So Friday morning I headed over to the IX Center for the Health and Fitness Expo. This was my first ever race expo and I didn't really know what to expect, but I'm glad I got there when it opened: by the time I left an hour or so later the parking lot had really filled up.

The expo wasn't just for racers. This free event was really for anyone in the area looking to maybe score some deals on fitness gear and food, although naturally the majority of the visitors were the racers and when you first walked in they presented everyone with big placards full of important day-of information, including course maps.

We also had to go to the expo to pick up our racing bib and t-shirt. (Again, really glad I got there early as my line only had a 5 minute wait, which I'm sure got longer as the weekend went on.)

Of course, the big draw at any expo are the vendors.

Many local running and athletic stores were present with deals on shoes and clothes. I stopped by the New Balance booth hoping to find some discounted Minimus, but they hadn't brought any minis with them. That's okay, though, as I'm not at a point where I need new running shoes yet. I just wanted to take advantage of buying them on sale if I could.

Why, yes. As a matter of fact, that is a ferris wheel in the middle of the expo.


(During the spring, the IX Center operates as an indoor amusement park. (I'm also wondering how many Northeast Ohioans now have the radio jingle stuck in their head.))

Other than shoes I wasn't really looking for anything so I just kind of walked around, grabbing some of the freebies (like a super sweet guitar shaped CLE keychain/bottle opener from Positively Cleveland and a Volkswagon water bottle). When I wandered over to the Earth Fare booth I ran into P., the employee who gave me my tour a few weeks ago. I had sent her a link to the blog post after I published it and she said reading it made her day.

That being said, I did buy a few small things. Like some bling for my car.

I also bought a couple Bondi Band headbands. I got my hair trim a few weeks ago and ever since, the flyaways have been bugging me when I'm running or in yoga or whatever. I've been looking at various headband options and what I liked best about these is how wide they are: they practically cover my whole front half of my head so they act as a sweat guard, too. I was super impressed with them at the race on Sunday and after looking at their website and seeing a Design Your Own option, I may need to make up a "Be Your Own Hero" band to add to my collection!

Have you ever attended a fitness or racing expo?

Love from the ashes,
Lady Lazarus

Source: http://www.theyearofthephoenix.com/2013/05/recap-cleveland-marathon-health-and.html

Lilly Pulitzer Ben And Jerrys Accidental Racist Lyrics Mad Men Jenna Jameson melissa mccarthy Andy Dick

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন